I love a good Biriyani and its good to have a recipe to make at home instead of going out. here is one
Chicken – 1 pound
Basmati rice – 3 cup
Ghee – 5 tsp
Onion big – 1 sliced
Tomato medium – 1 chopped
Green chillies – 5
Ginger – 2 inch
Garlic – 4 pods
Cashew nuts -10
Saffron – a pinch
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – ½ cup (chopped)
Mint leaves – ½ cup(chopped)
Water – 5 cups
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Jaji flower – 1
Anasi flower – 1
Cloves – 3
- First clean and wash the chicken pieces. Drain all the water and keep it aside.
- Next make a paste with green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat with 5 tsp of ghee.
- Then add cardamom, cloves, anasi flower, jaji flower, cashew nuts and cinnamon.
- Fry for few seconds. Then add onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Then add tomato pieces, chicken pieces and paste. Saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the washed basmati rice and combine well.
- Then add coconut milk, water, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Again combine well and close the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and switch off the stove.
- Chicken biriyani is ready. Serve with onion raitha.