There is a very interesting article in the May 2010 issue Coup de Poucewith statistics done by Coupe de Pouce on the relationship women in Quebec have with food. I thought I would share a few. This is but a hand full of them from the article so if you want the rest I suggest you get yourself an issue (French only).
- 29% of women will not cut back on the food budget when in a financial crunch.
- When in a financial crunch we prefer to cut back on alcohol and cheese before cutting back on meat.
- 70% of women will by a product based on the ingredients list rather then on its price.
- 50% of women will pick a new unknown dish on a menu. We are more adventurous!
- 22% of women will pick a main meal according to its price.
- Fast food: 39% avoid it, 33% have in when travelling, 14% have it with kids present, 10% have it regularly, and 4% only when at work.
- You are given 200$ for a restaurant. What do you do with it? 53% will treat themselves to a gastronomic meal, 45% will get a family meal for 4, and 2% would get 10 fast food meals.
Do you recognize yourself in these statistics, where ever you are from?
Do you have other answers then the above?
I’m definitely in the 53% that will treat themselves to a gastronomic meal category! Family meal for 4? Pah! I’m not sharing my gastronomic windfall with children! 😀