Yields 50 cookies
Italian Ricotta Cookies are gorgeous domed cookies that are just about as moist as can be. They will become a family favorite. Sprinkles make these extra festive.
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz-container ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4-5 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered suagr
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a mixer. Mix in the eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix the flour well into the wet mixture.
- Divide into 50 pieces adn roll into balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Beat the milk, powdered sugar, and almond extract until smooth in a small bowl.
- Holding the cookie upside down by the edges, dip the tops of each cookie into the glaze and place upright on a wire rack.
- Top with sprinkles right away before the glaze sets.
Did you make one of my recipes? I would love to see it. Take a photo and tag me on Instagram @cultureatz.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure policy). Please support CulturEatz by clicking on the links and purchasing through them so I can keep the kitchen well stocked. It does not alter the price you pay.