Back to Italian basics today. Nothing is better then freshly made pasta and its well worth the effort.Â I remember the last time I made it we had a girl’s dinner and made it all together. We used a broom handle (clean) across her counters to dry the pasta. her cat had the best time and we had such trouble keeping it away ha ha.
This recipe is from a friend of Cheap Ethnic Eatz: Authentic-Italian-Pasta-Recipes
Pasta Dough Recipe
Makes about 1 pound (gr.454) enough fettuccine for 4 to 6; enough filled pasta for 6 to 8
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Prepare your working surface and place a heap of flour on it, and on the top make a well in the center.
2. Break the 3 eggs with the white and start beat them with a fork.
3. Add a pinch of salt with the tablespoon of oil, and begin with the fork to pound the flour with the eggs.
4. Little at a time draw the mix close to the center until all ingredients are completely absorbed.
5. Now start working the pasta dough by hands, knead over your working surface several times until the dough is smooth.
6. At last you’ll have the pasta dough that looks like an elastic ball. You’ll need to cover it or wrap it and set aside for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours to relax.
7. Roll out as desired
I will give you further extra tips now to solve some difficulty that you might have doing this basic pasta dough recipe. If the dough sticks add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. If it breaks up very easily add water, Â½ teaspoon at a time. It has to form a rough, smooth ball.
Hugs and Biscuits
Thanks for this post. I’m looking forward to trying.