I have an Indian colleague at work who was curious about my last cooking attempt, the Indian Dosas from the Daring Cooks’ Challenge. Today he brought me a authentic yet pre made Indian version. The dosas was made with chickpea and rice flour ans stuffed with spicy potatoes…a more traditional serving style. This comes already made in a box, like an instant dinner. So it was good but not excellent.
BUT it was also served with a Coconut Mint Chutney to dip in. That was awesome. So I went looking for a recipe online and the most authentic I found was at Savvy Vegetarian. I am going to have to make some of this stuff very soon…addictive!
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours or more
- 3/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, lightly packed (strip them off the stems)
- 1 Tblsp seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tblsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water or coconut juice
- 1 – 2 Tblsp fresh lime juice
- 1 TblspÂ cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, pulse setting
- Blend until the chutney is pretty smooth (takes a while for coconut to break down)
- Transfer to a storage container or serving dish, will keep 5 days in the fridge
Hugs and Biscuits