Basic Mayonnaise: Food Processor Method
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more as needed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or more as needed
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the egg yolks, vinegar, water, and mustard. Turn the food processor on and pulse to combine.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle the oil, a few drops at a time, through the feed tube. Eventually the mixture will begin to thicken. Continue to slowly drizzle in the oil until you’ve achieved a thick, creamy consistency (you may not need all of the oil).
- Add the salt and lemon juice and pulse to combine. Stir in more salt and lemon juice to taste, if desired.