Just a quickie today….inspired after lunch. I went to a lovely place near my work called La Petite Marche on St-Denis. I like going there for lunch, the plates are huge with very decent prices, service is slow though when you only have 1 hour. I do like the relax decor and the little terrace.
But my favorite thing there is the Sangria. Wow it is good. Nothing from a premixed bottle. Let me know where your favorite place for a Sangria is and maybe we can go compare, possibly another crazy dinner outing idea…Just Sangria. Hey there is fruit so it is food, and it is Spanish therefore ethnic lol.
If you are inspired to make your own here is two recipes:
The quick and the cheap:
- a can of frozen concentrated orange juice
- a liter of 7up or club soda
- a bottle of red wine
Mix all and enjoy. Very simple but way better then those crappy $7 bottle from the grocery store.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups rum
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- Have the fruit, rum, wine, and orange juice well chilled. Slice the lemon, lime and orange into thin rounds and place in a large glass pitcher. Pour in the rum and sugar. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to develop the flavors.
- When ready to serve, crush the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon and stir in the wine and orange juice. Adjust sweetness to taste.
The best thing about Sangria recipes is that you can play around with it. try different red wines, use Cognac instead of rum, try different fruits. There is only a bit of summer left so enjoy it. Cheers!
Hugs and biscuits,