Still a bit weak from the cold but finally got some antibiotics. So please pardon my short post. I still wanted to participate in this month’s Creative Cooking Crew. This month’s theme was “The Perfect Bite”. So I offer you some sweet chocolate Truffle Kisses, what can be more perfect than that!
When I saw the theme my first reaction was that my last liver experiment dish was The Perfect Bite. The Liver on Polenta with a Ginger-Onion Confit was a perfect balance of flavors and textures, it floored me. But I cannot exactly post the same thing twice in a row hi hi. So right away my mind went to sweets and then to truffles.
What is more divine then biting into a delicious chocolate ganache? Piped like (or as closely as one can sick) little kisses, and with a touch of Nutella and a sprinkling of nuts, these definitely made my mouth sing.
Yields 40 - 50 Truffles Kisses
- 32g butter, melted
- 2 tsp Nutella
- 125g quality dark chocolate
- 75ml double cream
- 10g vanilla sugar
- 25g nuts, crushed or chopped finely
- Mix the melted butter in a small bowl with the Nutella until smooth. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate with a good knife into small pieces.
- In a saucepan combine the cream and vanilla sugar. Heat slowly to a boil. Pour hot cream over the chocolate and mix until all the chocolate has melted. Add the butter Nutella mixture and mix well.
- Pour the ganache into a baking dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cooled. Take out of the refrigerator and leave to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature. Transfer the ganache to the piping bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch tip.
- Holding the piping bag vertically, pipe using a squeeze and release motion in order to create a kiss.
- Sprinkle the truffles nuts. Refrigerator until the truffles become firm.