SRC: White Chocolate Peanut Butter
Today is my group’s reveal day for the Secret Recipe Club. What is the SRC? Basically you are assigned a fellow participant’s blog by the organizer and then you pick a recipe of your choice from that blog and make your version of it. But it is a secret, you cannot reveal whom you picked and what you made until the established posting date and time.
This months I was assigned Kitchen Trial and Error which is written by Kate. She has a really nice blog with so many tempting recipes. She has a cool job too as a Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist. While not cooking or working she spends time with her family: her husband and soon to be 1 year old son. Not only many of Kate’s recipe delicious, she takes great pics too.
Alas my schedule was tight so I had to pick something easy. By the time you read this my birthday will have just passed and my friend Susan will have traveled to Montreal to spend the weekend with me, her birthday is 2 days after mine. I chose to make a White Chocolate Peanut Butter. It’s actually perfect because my mom is obsessed with peanuts so this recipe will be part of her mother’s day
Had I had more time I would have loved to make her pierogis and mushroom goulash, caramel pear butter or pistachio cake with vanilla honey buttercream. Well they are bookmarked!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter
Making your own peanut butter is so easy. Even better if you add a bit of melted white chocolate to the recipe, to it for a sweet and creamy touch.
- 3/4 pound roasted peanuts, salted, unsalted, or a mix
- about 1/2 to 1 cup melted white chocolate
- about 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add the peanuts to the bowl of your food processor. process until very smooth, about five minutes. you may need to take a couple breaks - your processor might get too hot, the nuts may form a large ball that needs to be broken up, and towards the end, the mixture may splash up the sides. the peanut butter will go through a couple stages - crushed nuts, start to form small balls, form one large ball, and finally smooth out to peanut butter. these are all normal. if you think yours isn't coming out right, just process it some more.
- Add the melted white chocolate and blend. taste and add more if you'd like.
- If the consistency is too thick, add vegetable oil, a bit at a time, until it's the consistency you like. Store in the refrigerator.